Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 2: We'll Always Have D.C.!


A STRONG finish was had at the Blogging While Brown Conference. I had no idea that they'd provide GOOD coffee, juice, water (though, it seems, no tea; folks were looking, poor dears) in the morning and a really tasty box lunch and afternoon snacks with beverages throughout. Seriously: can I just say again how utterly professional the organization was of this conference? Great speakers, interesting topics, excitement, technology, and ENERGY! I met a couple of pals who welcomed me to their lunch table and proceeded to engage in the most enjoyable lunch chat I've enjoyed in a while (I'm looking at YOU, NeoSoul AlterEgo and CancerSlayerGyrl). LOVED this conference; I'm very excited about participating and I look forward to the bright future of "Brown bloggers." Thanks to you ALL.

Left the conference early. My next gathering beckoned! Profs of Color, hosted by power couple, Angela and Howard. This year was as good as such gatherings get (though I say that every year I attend)! My most admired and beloved colleagues across The Academy were there, hale and hearty. They are brilliant, funny, sane, do my heart good (even though they EACH represent The Cool Kids faction of The Academy and generously let my so NOT cool self hang out from time to time)! Thanks for the fab time, Angela & Howard. Glad I didn't take more of that chocolate cake home. NOT!

Happy Father's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks ProfessHer! And you are so one of the cool Profs!

    ReplyDelete