Friday, June 18, 2010

Back in my Lane

The Blogging While Brown Beginner's Boot Camp was WONDERFUL. I cannot say enough about the technical and teaching skills of our "drill sergeants:" Gina, Carmen Dixon Rosenzweig (allaboutrace.com and BlackVoices.com), and Scott Hanselman (http://www.hanselman.com/; interestingly, his life seems to be VERY Af-Am laden; his intro included his foray into hair care for Black women - "I can do your individuals" - and showing his sole Caucasian self in the midst of a throng of Black fam; how's THAT for yer post-racial America, LOL!).

I'm back at home, deciding to forego the formal opening session and vowing to show up bright and early tomorrow a.m. to learn more about this world of blogging. Call me a chicken; however, I'm a little hesitant to blow my cover with the young folks. I figure if I wedge into jeans, don nerdy eyewear, and look nonchalant, MAYBE I can pass for a few years younger ... if I'm just sitting in a session/class. God help me if I, say, go bowling with the young folks and my knees give way or folks guffaw as I pull out my antiquated cellie....

No comments:

Post a Comment