Sunday, August 14, 2011

Gearing Up...





Fall 2011 is coming! Well, academically, that is. I am on leave from my home institution; however, I shall teach this Fall. Yup: per my interests in social media, I'm teaching a mini-course at a DC area law school called - drum roll, please -- The Law & Social Media! I'm looking forward to it, as well as some of the other beginnings that I ALWAYS feel as Summer unofficially winds down and Fall gears up. As I love the DC area, my tiny condo, and my happening neighborhood, I look forward to doing so many, many things that I miss while I'm away. Already? I've benefitted from my renewed Kennedy Center membership, already enjoying the Royal Danish Ballet's dress rehearsal with my older niece (who'd actually danced The Nutcracker with the Joffrey Ballet five years ago), buying AMAZING seats to "Wicked" for my younger niece, and RSVP-ing for a dress rehearsal of the Washington National Opera with a friend who LOVES all things opera(tic). I'm also planning on getting free tix to "Julius Caesar" at the Shakespeare Theater before Labor Day.







Who knows? Maybe I'll even throw a Howard University alumni Homecoming Party! Of course, as I'm not working? That may cut a bit too deeply into my savings, LOL! However, if I can, maybe I should. Hmmm....







As I also gear up for my birthday, I think about so many important aspects of law teaching and the type of lawyer or -- better, person -- I want to help form.







So, I'm highlighting articles, saving links, and saving compelling Tweets as "Favorites." This is where I am my most organic and, frankly, part of the reason I'm so motivated is the sense of self I get to bring before a certain set of students at a certain law school. I'm even going to be more consistent with this blog and, perhaps, create a new one. Professors who teach courses on social media and who've attended two blogging conferences? Probably should stop dragging her feet and get AT it.




Pic courtesy of Pixomar

No comments:

Post a Comment